Thursday 28 June 2012

Montana & Wyoming Day 1 - Spokane, MT to Glacier National Park, MT

What an incredible first day! Still feeling her effects of jet lag I woke up about half five and decided to go for a run. Last time I was state side I ate everything my eyes fell upon and left several pounds heavier. This time I'm determined to avoid the same fate. A three mile run in the hotel's gym should help offset some of the days calories.

This was followed by a very early start - we left the hotel at 7:30 and headed off to the airport to do a test flight and finish configuring the kit. All checks complete, we lifted up and off we set! I'm always most nervous for the first tape. Have I done everything OK, will anything rattle loose in flight? Did I check and double check and triple check every connector, setting, mounting point? But, it's just like riding a bike, within moments I'm racking away and pulling focus as if I'd been doing it yesterday. And what an epic first day! We flew east over the Montana state line and were instantly presented with some of the most gorgeous scenery I've ever seen! Snow capped mountains, lakes, rapid rivers, trees and greenery as far as the horizon, where the jutting silhoutte of the glacier national park can be seen from miles away.

After a a brief rest and a bite to eat in Whitefish, we're now waiting for the sun to sink a little lower, before we head up to film glacier national park at sunset.

No comments: