Wednesday 19 November 2008

Day One

This is it. I'm off! Sitting here in Heathrow airport, my precious laptop battery slowly running down as I sit at my departure gate. My slight frustration at the broken plug socket I'd spent the last few minutes finding dissapates instantly when I realise that this is it: I'm off.

The last six days have been a blur. Since getting my I-VISA at the American Embassy last Wednesday, I've been running around like a cartoon character. I've moved all my stuff and car to my friend Nick's garage in Bournemouth (with a few bits left over in Purley), and I've moved out. Hmm. I must remember to tell the landlords I've moved. Yes. That would be useful.

Anyway. The absolute madness of the last six days has been replaced by complete calm. There's something calming about airports (provided you arrive rediculously early). Once you're in, you're in. All you can do is wait - and that's a perfect change to relax and read a good book. Well, perhaps it is for some people. I couldn't resist squeezing a bit of e-mail writing in, but now that I've got that out the way, I thought I'd setup this blog.

What is this blog? Well, hopefully, it'll be an entertaining account of my trips to America over the next 9 months or so. I've been offered a pretty nifty job, as a camera technician on an aerial shoot covering the whole of the United States. That is pretty cool. No, that's awesome.

Right now I'm waiting to fly to Newark, New Jersey, which is my first detination - although I won't be filming there. The first state I'll be filming is.... wait for it.... Delaware.



Flight is starting to board....

More from the other side of the pond.


Ben

No comments: