Saturday 6 December 2008

Charleston

Right now I'm in Charleston, South Carolina, and I have to say it's one of the prettiest towns I have ever seen. And I don't mean pretty by American standards - it's just plain pretty. I will definately come here again.

The last few days have been some of the most manic so far. We did a 7 hour shoot yesterday, which was a killer. It's really quite knackering.

Today I made the fatal mistake of forgetting the american "take a European size, and add 50%", and ordered a large Pizza for Richard and I to share for lunch. Now, let's see, in the UK a large pizza is generally considered to be about 14" - which is a fair amount, but fine for two people.

"Oh my god. No. This must be a joke", where the thoughts that ran through my head when I saw it.

But yes, "We make the biggest Pizza in Charleston".

Well, pictures say more than words ever can. So here goes:

Richard tucks in to our 24" Hawaiian

Oops.

I'd write more, but I am knackered and off to bed. The trip is brilliant. Over the last few days I've seen the Smokey Mountains, a NASCAR track, an F-15 fighter jet in flight, pelicans, Cape Fear, an ice waterfall and have driven an ex-police car.

Awesome times.


Ben

1 comment:

Amy Kelly said...

oh my god how big is that pizza!!! hope you didn't manage to eat it all! looking forward to seeing some photos of where you are, what you are filming...hope to see you around Christmas bro xxx