Saturday 16 July 2011

Rigging Up

What a hot day! In fact so hot that it reached 100 degrees (America works in Fahrenheit - I've no idea what that is in Celsius but it's darn hot). And we spent all of it inside a hot aircraft hangar.

But the good news is that the setup is complete. On the first day! And, amazingly, everything worked the first time I turned it on. Which is also a first.

I ate my first buffalo today. Well not a whole one, I had buffalo steak sandwich for lunch. Delicious. And then for dinner, just to be different I had a 14 oz beef steak. 14oz is 400 grams. Yes, nearly half a kilo of steak. And I ate every scrap! At the rate I'm going it'll be a miracle if the helicopter takes off!

Tomorrow we get to meet our pilot, roger, who is a Vietnam veteran with over 16,000 hrs of flying time!

1 comment:

mutti said...

Buffalo Ben - hanger sounds hot. We've just spent the evening looking for you in a studio; loved Top Gear tonight of course. So funny. X